School Board briefs: Principal contracts, food service manager, open enrollment and more…
Principals Pete Olson, Dan Voce, John Beach and Greg Finck began the 2012-12 school year with new contracts. The principals worked last year without signing new contracts.
The principals received 1.5 percent pay increases for both the 2011-12 and 2012-13 school years and were give monthly insurance allowments of $1,172 per month. The principals were also given seven vacation days during the school year.
Food service director resigns
Teresa Danner has resigned as the food service director of the Princeton School District. The move came after the school board failed to renew Danner’s contract as prsented at the time of her contract renewal. School board members Jim Gibbs, Kathy Kraft, Eric Minks and Jeremy Miller voted not to renew the contract. Dennis Dehn voted in favor of contract renwal. Erin Johnson abstained and Craig Johnson was absent.
The school district posted the job opening and will begin interviewing candidates for the position tonight, Thursday, Sept. 14.
The board approved 25 open enrollment requests. Two Cambridge, three Milaca and one Ogilvie student were granted admission to Princeton Schools. There were 19 requests made for students to leave the Princeton district, with 10 of those being for transfer to the Elk River School District.
Other contracts signed
The school board approved contracts with its building and grounds director, human resources director and director of community education and early childhood & family education.
• Keith Barlarge, building and grounds director, will earn $66,863 in 2012-13 and $70,911 in 2013-14. He made $62,875 in 2011-12;
• Brenda Alexander, human resources director, will earn $69,020 in 2012-13, $73,100 for 2013-14 and $77,241 in 2014-15;
• Gwen Anderson, community education director and ECFE coordinator, will earn $65,000 in 2012-13 and will receive a stipend of $20,000 for the ECFE coordinator position. She earned $65,000 and a $5,000 stipend in 2011-12.
In other school board news…
• The Princeton High School Choir will travel to Decorah, Iowa for a four-day trip in January 2013 to participate in the Dorian Vocal Festival at Luther College.
• The board approved Activities Director Darin Laabs’ request for an additional 9th grade vollewyball coach at a cost of $2,600.
• The board held an emergency meeting on July 24 to approve cost overuns on the elevator project in the high school. The board authorized up to $37,000 in additional funding for the project.