Speech team seventh at STMA
The Princeton High School speech team placed seventh in the large school division at last Saturday’s 27-school meet at St. Michael-Albertville (STMA) High School. The team had five finalists and seven honorable mentions.
Mounds View won the large school division and the combined STMA-Buffalo team would have taken the second place trophy in that division because of points but didn’t because STMA was the meet host. Taking the second place trophy for large teams was Maple Grove, while Park High School took third.
Here are the individual results for PHS:
• Discussion – Brian Kunz second, Megan Frandsen eighth and Nick Lagenfeld honorable mention
• Duo interpretation – Andrew Sorenson and Vince Steele honorable mention
• Extemporaneous reading – Abigail Miller eighth
• Extemporaneous speaking – Alicia Aho sixth and Kenny Cowles honorable mention
• Humorous – Matt Kreft honorable mention
• Impromptu speaking – Kreft fourth, and Trey Stuckey and Sam Glauvitz honorable mention
• Poetry – Glauvitz honorable mention.
PHS hosts this Saturday’s invitational meet, which is open to the public. The first round begins at 9 a.m., with final rounds expected to start at about 1:15 p.m. Awards are scheduled for 3:30 p.m. in the gym. PHS head coach Thor Mattick anticipates the meet will have 25-30 schools and 400-500 students.