The DFL caucus that met on Feb. 4 caucus night in Princeton drafted resolutions on a wide variety of current topics.
The attendees represented both precincts of the city of Princeton, and the precincts of Princeton, Greenbush and Baldwin Townships. Here are the resolutions:
• Provide high-speed Internet access throughout Minnesota.
• Support the Minnesota Legislature putting money away to rebuild infrastructure.
• Support an amendment to the U.S. Constitution to reverse the Citizens United case decision made by the U.S. Supreme Court.
• Solve the problem of funding Social Security by either removing or raising the ceiling on the level of income where Social Security tax is no longer deducted.
• Protect school kids from bullying by enacting a uniform policy across the state.
• Strengthen education by improving funding for the teacher-evaluation law.
• Have government help fund two-thirds of the cost of tuition at public colleges and universities.
• Support a bill on health insurance transparency and accountability to increase cost savings.